Looking for property? Search everything For Sale in the Northwoods right here, whether it's our listing, a Re/Max Property Pro listing or any other Realtor® in the MLS. As your trusted professional real estate partners, I will help you find the property you're looking for, in the area you desire and within the price range you specify. If it's out there, I'll find it for you. Even if you see or hear about a FSBO (For Sale By Owner), I can help. I can get you the asking price, information about the property, represent you in the transaction and help you negotiate to secure the property if you wish. To search for ALL properties for sale in the MLS, click here.
BUYER ALERT! Am I working for YOU? Or for the SELLER?
It's All About Agency...
While you begin to look for that perfect Northwoods property, I want to take a few minutes to explain an important step in your buying process.
When buying real estate you will be required to make some choices. Even before you select the property itself, you'll need to decide how you will be visiting and purchasing that property, as my "Customer", or my "Client". Wisconsin law requires Realtors to treat all parties fairly, honestly and ethically. Traditionally, and by law, Realtors are required to represent the Seller's best interest when they show, sell or conduct real estate transactions, unless directed otherwise by the buyer. You have the option of choosing whether I work with you as the traditional "Sellers Agent", or whether I work for you as your "Buyers Agent". What's the difference you ask? Take a look:
|Services & Duties Provided by Realtors||Client||Customer|
|Buyer's Agent||Seller's Agent|
|Arrange property showings||X||X|
|Assist with financing||X||X|
|Provide accurate information||X||X|
|Explain forms & agreements||X||X|
|Monitor escrow & Closing||X||X|
|Give you advice and counsel||X|
|Keep your bargaining position confidential||X|
|Promote and protect your best interest||X|
|Negotiate the best price and terms for you||X|
|Point out reasons not to buy||X|
|Pass on information that may enhance your bargaining position||X|
|Assist you in writing the offer with your best interest in mind||X|
As you can see, as a "customer" I will work with you, as a "client" I will work for you. Either way, I will always work in an honest, ethical and professional manner, but having me work for you as your "Buyers Agent" allows me to assist you (as a buyer) in more ways than working as the traditional "Sellers Agent". (There is NO CHARGE to you for my services as a Buyer Agent; I receive my compensation from the Seller as usual, unless you prefer otherwise.) If you have any questions please drop me a note or give me a call; I'd be happy to discuss the differences with you. If you would like me to represent you as a Buyer's Agent in the purchase of your Northwoods property please let me know.
Finding the right property is not an easy task. If you are a potential buyer, there are numerous hurdles to be jumped before you finally take possession.
Some buyers like to leave their name and needs with four or five salespeople. Although this sounds like it is to the buyer's advantage, we have found it to be very ineffective. This approach assumes that a committee can accomplish more than one agent. Like most committee assignments, however, results are often postponed and somewhat discouraging. Because the buyer is not committed to one salesperson, no one is spending extra effort on the buyer's behalf.
Our advice is to shop for the broker associate that you feel will get the results you want and then stick with them exclusively. In this way you will have a dedicated agent who will take on the personal responsibility of handling all the details of your upcoming real estate purchase. If you give your loyalty to one broker, you will be rewarded with results.
Let's look at the tasks that must be performed on your behalf:
- You will need financing advice on the price range you can qualify for.
- Your family's specific needs must be learned so that you are shown only those properties that will suit your needs.
- Appointments must be set and an itinerary established for showings.
- Offers must be prepared, explained, and presented on your behalf.
- Closing documents and final details must be attended to.
If you want all these services you need to work with Mary Thompson and Re/Max Property Pros, LLC.
My Service to You...
- I will explain all areas of the buying process and how I work.
- I will return your calls or emails promptly.
- I will address your lifestyle so I can come to understand your wants and needs.
- I will commit my time, car, phone, computer and administrative expenses on your behalf.
My Primary Responsibility to You...
- To find the best-suited property for you in the area you desire at a price right for you.
- Additional Responsibilities to You include...
- To educate you in basic real estate practices.
- To address your financial situation and recommend a comfortable price range.
- To orientate you to the community or areas that apply
- To address your issues of school districts, shopping areas, religious institutions, or recreational facilities.
- To show you all property that matches your search criteria, not just our listings or Re/Max Property Pros listings.
- To execute your purchase contract and negotiation, carefully explaining all written documents and giving you a copy of everything you sign.
- To assist your attorney if you are using one.
- To help you locate financing and assist in the mortgage application process.
- To explain all settlement papers.
- To attend the settlement/closing with you and make sure you understand the entire settlement process.
- Let me know if your plans change.
- Tell me if you want to look at a home listed with another REALTOR? , builder, or for sale by owner.
- Tell me what you like and dislike about the properties we look at.
- Tell me if you feel the need to talk to another REALTOR? .
- Work with me until we find you the right property.
Before we jump in the car to start looking at properties we need to discuss your wants and needs, time frame and amount you want to invest in a home. We'll talk about what services you would like to receive from me and discuss "agency". (Take a look at the service differences at the beginning of this section.) This conversation can be done via email, telephone or in person. We'll discuss the home buying and financing process and answer any questions you may have. Any information you share with me at this and all future meetings will be kept confidential.
PRELIMINARY LOAN INTERVIEW
When you have a preliminary loan approval you can confidently shop for your home in a price range that fits your budget secure in knowing that your mortgage has already been approved. A list of the items needed to complete a loan application is found in the end of this information. Sellers are more likely to look favorably on your offer when they know funds have already been secured. In addition, premium northwoods properties tend to move quickly and by being pre-qualified; you will have a negotiating advantage over other buyers that haven't even started the process yet. If you have already obtained financing, or intend to pay cash, it is advisable to get a letter of verification from your financial institution. If you would like my help with the financing process please don't hesitate to ask. I will gladly accompany you to your lenders office or work with them via telephone.
With your needs and wants in mind we'll search the MLS for those properties that match your criteria. From those, we'll select properties for you to examine further and schedule appointments. As members of the Greater Northwoods Multiple Listing Service I have access to all properties listed for sale. I cooperate with all the area offices and will be happy to show you any properties regardless of which real estate office has the property listed for sale. Generally the Sellers require prior appointments at least 24 hours in advance. Weekend appointments tend to fill up rather quickly so please let me know well in advance when you plan to be in the area to view property; I want to be able to devote adequate time and energy to helping you and want you to be able to view the properties you're interested in.
Once you've selected the property I'll help you write an Offer to Purchase, answering your questions and making sure you understand what you're signing.
Once your offer to purchase has been accepted by the Seller the earnest money is due. This is considered "good faith" money and lets the Seller know you are a serious buyer. The amount of earnest money required depends on the purchase price of the property. Generally the contract is written so it is due within 10 days of acceptance. By law, this money goes into a trust account and is transferred to the Seller when the transaction is complete.
FINAL LOAN INTERVIEW
With the accepted Offer to Purchase in hand, you again visit your lender and proceed to complete all loan documents. We will work with you and your lender to make the entire financing process go smoothly.
During this time the Lender finishes processing your loan and orders the appraisal of your home. You order any inspections you've requested and satisfy any contingencies to the Offer to Purchase. Homeowner insurance also needs to be secured. The title company completes a title search on the property to verify there are no outstanding liens or defects in the title to the property. Then they assemble all closing documents.
This is when you sign all loan documents and home purchase documents. Your lender will advise you if you need to bring additional funds to closing. These funds must be in the form of a cashier's check or a bank check. Upon receiving payment for the property, the Seller transfers the deed to you and turns over the keys.
YOU ARE A NORTHWOODS PROPERTY OWNER!
- Addresses for two full years
- Gross monthly income
- T-4's if available
- Proof of pensions, retirement, or disability
- Proof of income from rentals, investments, etc.
- Proof of child support or alimony paid/received
- Year to date pay stub
- If self-employed
- Minimum of two years tax receipts
- Current year profit and loss statements
- Each creditor's name, addresses and type of account
- Account numbers
- Monthly payments and approximate balances
- Amount of child cares expenses
- Names and addresses of saving institutions
- Account numbers for all accounts
- Type of accounts and present balance
- List of assets in stocks, bonds, and land
- Life insurance cash value (documented if used as cash down payment)
- If applicant is selling a home, a copy of sales contracts
- Social Security numbers for all parties
- Cash or check to pay for application fee
- Copy of Accepted Real Estate Offer to Purchase with my Phone Numbers